Having A Break Is OK.

Having Grace has by far been the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my entire life, that being said it is the most rewarding, and I wouldn't change it for the world.
However, and I'm sure many mums have found themselves thinking this at one time or another, I NEED A BREAK! I even feel bad just saying that, how could I possibly need a break from my own baby? What kind of mother does that make me?
This past week I really have found it hard, but I have learnt that it is OK to need some time to yourself every now and again, you wouldn't be human if you didn't.
Grace has been especially hard work this week, she has developed a dislike to me, yes me her mother, which makes it a million times harder to do, well anything. The only person she seems to like at the minute is her daddy, which is just too cute, but not very practical when he works all night and sleeps in the day.
 
This is what inspired me to write this post. You will need a break every now and again, and it's ok to say that you need them. 
Some days I look forward to bed time, and I'm not ashamed to say that, because if we are all honest, sometimes babies are just hard work, and the only think that gets you through is knowing that 7pm is getting closer and closer, (and many cups of coffee).
Having said that, Grace wakes up every morning with the biggest smile on her face, and I am reminded that this little smiling, smelly, messy baby is mine, and I am so grateful that I have her in my life.
We all have unconditional love for our children, but sometimes we just need a little time to our self's.
 
I'm really rambling on now, the point I think I'm trying to make is, if you need a break, even if it is just 10 minutes, just let someone know. Don't for one second think you are going to be judged, because we have all been there, and I'm sure we will all be there once again in the future.
 
Laura x

Comments

Popular Posts